Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Swaziland, July 2010: From the Team Leader

From the Group Leader:
This is my one and only entry, as I left the writing and the photography to other members of my group.
It has been an amazing adventure, with my son, 7 close friends, and 4 new “close” friends. What an experience!!!!!! We have made such “connections” with another group of friends in Swaziland. It was truly a life changing experience.
I had inquired about leading a group to Peru next year, but I discovered that my heart is in Africa, specifically Swaziland. I am driven to return and do what I can to help, other members of my group feel much the same and will join me in future return trips.
The unquestionable purpose of our adventure was to do what we could to help; the relationships that we developed were a very moving part of our trip; but to actually know that we did something that will have a lasting impact, is truly gratifying. Of course we were all pleased with the new friends that we made, and the few things that we were able to leave to help them in their daily lives; but to know that our efforts in construction, were so significant to them, and will be for many years to come, it truly amazing.
I sincerely hope that as you read this blog, of our adventure, that you will think about joining us – there is nothing in your life that will have such an impact!
Cheers,
Rob

No comments: